For the past 10+ years in NYC I've also been honing my chops as a recording engineer specializing in portable live multi-track recording, mixing, and mastering. I've had the opportunity to mix and record quite a few records from some great artists, as well as work on a few film scores.
- Portable multi-track digital system available for gigs, full length records, demos, and sessions.
- Live room recording available at Ibeam Brooklyn.
- Mixing, overdubbing, mastering at my studio, Down Home Audio Lab in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- Metric Halo ULN-8 interface - the highest quality digital conversion and preamps
- Wide selection of microphones - vintage and modern
- Contact for rate...but generally around $75/hour for location recording, and $40/hr for mixing
past client/artists include:
The Smithsonian Institute
Leni Stern/Mike Stern/Esperanza Spaulding
Frank London/Jeremiah Lockwood
- recorded "Kanjourney"
Jacob Garchik/Kronos Quartet
Allen Lowe/Marc Ribot
- recorded "Blues and the Empirical Truth"
Paul Kikuchi/Roswell Rudd
- mixed "Aqualude"
Surface to Air
- recorded/mixed/mastered "Surface to Air"
Tomas Fujiwara Trio
- recorded/mixed "Variable Bets" (at Barbes)
-mixed "Canada Day I" and "Canada Day Octet"
- additional recordings for "Hadestown"
Stew Stewart and the Negro Problem
Jacob Wick/Hungry Cowboy
- mixed "Dance"
Travis Laplante/Trevor Dunn/Ches Smith
- recorded "Ancestral Instrument" (at ibeam)
The Four Bags
- recorded "Live at Barbes"
John De Lucia
- recorded "Luce Trio"
Ryan Ferreira/Carlo Costa
Memorize the Sky
- recorded/mixed "Creeks" and "Memorize the Sky"
Aryeh Kobrinsky/John McNeil
- mixed "Ache and Flutter"
Brian Drye - Bizingas
- mixed "Bizingas"
Kirk Knuffke/Brian Drye
- recorded/mixed/mastered "Leaf Spring"
Brooklyn Conservatory of Music
Erik Deutsch Band
- mixed "Hush Money"
Carlo Costa Quartet
- recorded/mixed "Sediment" (at Ibeam)
Flinn van Hemmen
- mixed "Gestures", recorded "Drums of Days"
- recorded "Early Modern"